Online-Affinity - Districts (United Kingdom)
The Online-Affinity is a measure of the propensity to use the Internet, respectively the intensity of the use of online services by the population 15 years and older. The regional Online-Affinity is represented as an index, an index of 100 is the respective national average.
The regional / local Online-Affinity calculation model is based on four important factors (of the population 15 years and older) per spatial unit:
- Socio-demographic and spatial structure and the consequent consumption or online behaviour
- Possibility of using online services (e.g. technical equipment, network availability, restrictions on online services)
- Actual use of online offerings (especially online shopping and social media activity)
- Rregional prosperity level (purchasing power, disposable income, consumption expenditure)
On the basis of these factors - individually calibrated for the respective country - deviations from the average usage per spatial unit are calculated and displayed as an index.
- Edition: 2018
- Date: 2017
- Delivery form: Excel file via e-mail
- License for use within a company
- Districts: 409
- code of territorial unit
- name of territorial unit
- online-affinity index